Forums » Real Estate Investors

• March 21, 2012 7:46 PM PDT

I want to start marketing to investors and second home buyers, but I wanted to know if any of you have any ideas? I'm new in the biz and I was thinking of doing direct mailing. I called a title company to find commercial owners but they wanted to charge me $25 per household providing all their information and all I wanted was a name and address. Anyone have experience or advice? I would really appreciate some tips. Thanks...

By Real Estate Forum

• 577 posts
    March 21, 2012 7:47 PM PDT
    Coming from the investment side of the biz I can tell you that marketing to investors is easy.

Join and participate in local Investor Associations.

Call the " We Buy Houses" ads....most will be novices who can't close, but once in a while you'll run into a rehabber who does 10, 20, 5o deals a year.

When you talk to these investors all you need to know is ....Do THEY have the CASH to close? You don't want to get involved with the guys who just want to "flip" or assign the contract.You want the guy with the CASH.

As for second home buyers...I don't know...I havent dealt with any yet
  • March 21, 2012 7:47 PM PDT
    Thanks for the info. I'm actually going to hit a couple of investment clubs next month. They even have networking for an hour and a half. Hope it works out.
    • 459 posts
    March 21, 2012 7:48 PM PDT
    If you want a cheap list of area investors... in most areas you just need to visit or go on-line to your local County Property Appraisers office and ask for a list of Non-Owner Occupied properties for what ever areas your interested in.

You can probably print out Address labels or even import that info into your Client Database for repeated use and tracking. This is free when you do it on-line as many area now have it set up.